Thursday, September 24, 2009

What's up with employers telling you, "You got the job!" and then never calling back? Gahd, I feel like a desperate, heartbroken teenager waiting for a boy to give me attention.

I had a job interview today. It went well, except that most employers don't want to hire graphic designers full-time these days. What's with people who think of marketing as an afterthought? It's the goddamn face of your company.. I THINK it's kind of important. *shrug. So the job hunt continues. I have another interview on Monday and then a Career Fair event for the following week. I just need a little financial stability, damnit! Is that really too much to ask? -_-

I'm moving to my new home this weekend. Someone came to pick up our dining room table last night. It feels so weird. I have a strange attachment to my current apartment. Countless memories.. including our epic parties, funny roommate drama, Gossip Girl viewing parties, etc. Not to mention it was where Roscoe spent his first two years of life. And I'm seriously going to miss my roomates. :/ I suppose this was the first place away from home that actually felt like home. But I suppose it's time to move on.

It's a strange feeling to walk around campus among the new freshmen (my sister included) and not have class. Maybe it's a good thing my new roommates are recent graduates like myself -- I need to remove myself from this environment. Thinking about growing up is giving me a panic attack.

No comments: