
the backbays of newport
----
I took a final today and now I have two more to go. My teacher is so lame -- he's having us turn in our paper the Monday AFTER finals week so I can't really enjoy my first weekend of winter. Talk about f u c k e d up.
I've been trying to eat healthier. This is partly because I want to look hot for our PINK party, but also because I've gained freaking 10 pounds. TEN POUNDS. I think I've lost a few pounds these last few weeks by replacing cookies with fruit and eating salads before dinner. Go me. God, why am I so unmotivated? I need something so stupid like our PINK party to get my ass to eat healthier. How shallow of me..
Today I found little red patches of skin in Roscoe's ear. I hope he doesn't have an infection. :( I worry way too much about that dog. I get so damn sensitive anytime someone mentions death or sickness around him.. Like once my dad and I passed by a pet cemetery on our way to the beach, and he jokingly said, "You better start saving for Roscoe.."
I cried because of that (he was less that one years old at the time). I'm lame, I know. But I can't help but be thankful for Roscoe. He's really made my life much, much happier. I look forward to coming home because I know he'll be waiting there with a toy in his mouth, shaking his booty, circling the hallway, waiting for me to take him on a walk. He makes our apartment so "homey" and he's made my parents wayyy happier too. It's weird to think having a dog could change so much at our house.. He's made everything much more peaceful. I think the fact that my sister and I are getting older and more distant from our parents makes them appreciate Roscoe's childlike enthusiasm. It's been a while since I heard my dad speak in that high-pitched, endearing tone you only hear around babies. I think dogs just make us feel younger, in general. This is why I'm so devoted to this dog... he's given me more meaning in life just by making me laugh everyday and he's completely changed the mood at home. Ok I'm getting way too deep about this... but yeah. :) I love doggies.
No comments:
Post a Comment